January 20, 2013

Arc Review: The Wrap-Up List




The Wrap-Up List
Author:Steven Arntson
Series:Standalone
Pages:240
Publisher:H
Release Date: 
Source: Thanks so much HMH for providing me with a copy to review.


Summary:

In this modern-day suburban town, one percent of all fatalities come about in the most peculiar way. Deaths—eight-foot-tall, silver-gray creatures—send a letter (“Dear So-and-So, your days are numbered”) to whomever is chosen for a departure, telling them to wrap up their lives and do the things they always wanted to do before they have to “depart.” When sixteen-year-old Gabriela receives her notice, she is, of course devastated. Will she kiss her crush Sylvester before it’s too late?

Friendship, first love, and fantasy artfully mesh in this magically realistic world that ultimately celebrates life.

Review:
Having a book with a character as the same name as me and the “deaths” really intrigued me to read this book. Just from reading the summary it really reminded me of The Hunger Games with a little bit different concept.

This book had very unique characters to me – Gabriella was a 16 year old girl just trying to get by in life. She never expected to be picked. Her best friends always stood by her and I like when a story has best friends that stick together.
I like how this book had Gabriella very indecisive on what she should wish for. She wanted something unique that wouldn’t be classified as a “Stupid wish.” Gabriella was a very unselfish character and really cared about her friends seeing as all her wishes were to her friends.
The only one setback I had with this book was that it didn’t go into as much detail about the Deaths as I would have liked. Because of that I had a vague background knowledge to the Death’s and the departures.
Besides that one set back, this tale was very unique and I haven’t heard or read a book like this one. Steven’s writing really impressed me. It was a very short read and entertaining. Defiantly give this one a try if you are looking for something fun and short. The ending will defiantly shock you because I know I wasn’t expecting the ending.
  

My Rating: 3 out of 5 Towers


1 comment:

  1. Great blog! Follow me back @ sychofaeriesbookobsession.blogspot.com

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS