December 28, 2011

Review: Lola and The Boy Next Door Stephanie Perkins

Lola and The Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Single Title
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 338
R. Date: September 29,2011

Summary (Goodreads)
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.





Review:
Wow! I am speechless. I thought you couldn't get better than Anna. Well guess what I change my mind, Lola is amazing.

This book is one of those "girlier" YA's I occasionally read. I felt like such a girl when I read this book -- I was laughing and I was shocked and had a little freak out when I saw Anna and St. Claire. OMG! I mean I did not expect them to be in this one at All!

But Wait than there was cricket the sweet, smart, innocent boy that had moved in next door again after his sister switched coaches again. I really no words for Cricket. Every time I think of cricket my inner teen girl comes out and screams HOT! SMART! OMG! Yeah, a little freaky, but everyone has their moments and their fan-boys and He is def. one of mine now.

Now Max was the complete opposite than Cricket I mean he had tattoos was in a band, and was led you on kind of guy.I really wanted to jump inside this book and scream dump him already. Yeah, he was supposably a "good guy" but wasn't buying it at all. Wow, what about Lindsay I mean you can't leave her out. She was the kind of girl I might hang out with .She was smart, a dependable friend, and never turned her back on Lola. Now speaking of Lola, wow what can you say about Lola the minute I started reading I knew she was a little on the "theater" appearance side with the costumes. Sometimes I had to actually stop and look for who these people were and what something was for this dress she was making, but overall she was a fun person.

Now, this book may have topped Anna. Then, again there is 2 different things going on in Anna and Lola it's hard to compare. Where Anna was the new girl making friends trying to fit in and you wind up with this romantic twist on the story. Whereas Lola was very romantic I want to say from the start and is about friendship and a lot more about boys and learning to deal with things. Either way I love them both.!

If you haven't checked out these amazing books by Stephanie Perkins you really should. Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS