January 1, 2013

ARC Review:Hooked by Liz Fichera


Hooked
Author: Liz Fichera
Series: Hooked #1
Pages: 368
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: January 31st,2013
Source: Via Net Galley
*Thanks Harlequin for providing me with a copy to read


Summary:

Get hooked on a girl named Fred...

HE said: Fred Oday is a girl? Why is a girl taking my best friends spot on the boy's varsity golf team?

SHE said: Can I seriously do this? Can I join the boys' team? Everyone will hate me - especially Ryan Berenger.

HE said: Coach expects me to partner with Fred on the green? That is crazy bad. Fred's got to go - especially now that I can't get her out of my head. So not happening.

SHE said: Ryan can be nice, when he's not being a jerk. Like the time he carried my golf bag. But the girl from the rez and the spoiled rich boy from the suburbs? So not happening.

But there's no denying that things are happening as the girl with the killer swing takes on the boy with the killer smile...



My Thoughts:
Reading this summary had grabbed my attention so quick! I love contemporaries and for some reason a contemporary with a sport in it is even better. Starting this book I already knew I was going to love it as soon as I realized it was told in both of their point of views. (This was totally awesome!)

Fred, she is a shy girl who never really has had the courage to do much in High School so far as she lives in the Rez and most of the people there tended to stay away from them. I love how in this story she has character development and starts to grow into herself. Suddenly before I knew it, she wasn’t shy anymore she was glad to be herself. She also was opened to another world when she met Ryan and this taught her more culture beside her own.
Ryan. Hmh.. Can I fan girl yet!?!? Ryan I knew reading from his point of view I was really going to enjoy his chapters as well. Ryan made me laugh so many times with his thoughts. He always liked to say something and then didn’t want to admit it after to himself. Ryan also has character development in this story as he breaks out of his old self and into the real him. I found this breathtaking to read and loved every single moment that he was becoming the guy I hoped he would be. Ryan and Fred’s relationship was pretty topsy turvey, but I always routed for them and hoped for the best because they are perfect for each other, weather accepted or not.
Honestly, I found this book a joy to read. As soon as it was accepted on Net galley, I downloaded it and started reading and didn’t stop! I loved how it mixed my two favorite books that I’ve read in 2012 – Catching Jordan and Pushing the Limits. How much better can a book get than this?! This is the perfect book and it blends all the things needed to make it an amazing story. With a killer story line you can’t go wrong. It will keep you entertained and curious at the same time.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 towers

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...... this sounds like a really enjoyable read! I haven't read contemporary in a while so I might just have to add this one to my TBR. Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS