January 10, 2013

Review: Stealing Parker (Hundred Oaks #2)



Stealing Parker
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks
Pages:256
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: October 1st,2012
Summary:

Red-hot author Miranda Kenneally hits one out of the park in this return to Catching Jordan's Hundred Oaks High.

Parker Shelton pretty much has the perfect life. She’s on her way to becoming valedictorian at Hundred Oaks High, she’s made the all-star softball team, and she has plenty of friends. Then her mother’s scandal rocks their small town and suddenly no one will talk to her.

Now Parker wants a new life.

So she quits softball. Drops twenty pounds. And she figures why kiss one guy when she can kiss three? Or four. Why limit herself to high school boys when the majorly cute new baseball coach seems especially flirty?

But how far is too far before she loses herself completely?


My Thoughts:
Miranda has such a unique writing style to me. She has a way of pulling me into her books. She first did it, with Catching Jordan and it’s safe to say she found the way to my heart in Stealing Parker by including Softball. Maybe I am a little biased to this book because I have a love for softball so strong and the fact that she included this sport made me so happy because the story revolves around softball and baseball. Besides that, she also really made me happy by pulling me into Parker's life.

Parker is a girl who is ostracized by her peers that once used to be her friends. They’ve turned her back on when she needed them the most, which in my opinion is not a true friend. Her ex-best friend is ridiculous as well as her community. Well, most of them. They judged Parker based on something that her mother did and not for what she has accomplished. They all assumed she was gay to and told their children to stay away and they listened.

You might say “Wow you dislike another character.” Yep, really it’s not my fault. Mark really got on my nerves. He is a 23 year old guy who is caught up with a 17 year old girl. This is not meeting my logic.. (Okay, so I know that I love Aria and Ezra in Pretty Little Liars for some reason I actually don’t mind them. This is just so different for some reason) In one way I really feel bad for Mark because he is pretty lost. He just lost his dreams and now has no idea what to do what his life, but I don’t think that if you get caught with a 17 year old girl it’s going to make it any better. Which is why, I literally screamed every time there was a scene between them.

Then, my mind started to wonder towards other possibilities. Which leads me here, I LOVE YOU CORNDOG(WILL)!  I honestly didn’t want her to end up with her best friend like Jordan did. So when Will started coming around I started squealing and jumping up and down in excitement.  Will *sigh. Will is the sweetest person err character I’ve ever encountered yet. They were always competing for that number one student spot so they never really noticed each other. When they finally do, I was like I said overly excited. (Can’t you tell how much I loved this book?)

Stealing Parker has amazing character development. Jordan really grows into her own as the plot progresses and she learns that you shouldn’t care what people think and not all people are one sided. Also during this plot, we are let on to some secrets and the guys on the baseball team who are excellent characters who know how to get someone to laugh.

In the end I really loved the ending, the characters where great and this plot will really make you think twice about you think is going to happen and if you’re like me there will be a string of I told you this was going to happen ‘s. I am highly recommending this book to you. If you haven’t read Catching Jordan yet either I suggest you read it. These books were full of situation irony and it couldn’t have peaked my interest more. I can’t wait for the next book to come out.


My Rating:
 4 out of 5 Towers
 

1 comment:

  1. I Read so many reviews for Miranda Kenneally. And I still have not yet read any of them even though they all sound super amazing!

    Love your review!

    Gabby~

    Ps.You have an awesome Name ;)

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS