June 29, 2012

Review: Last Breath by Rachel Caine

Last Breath
Author:Rachel Caine
Series: Morganville Vampires
Pages:335
Publisher: NAL
Release Date:November 1st,2011
(Goodreads\Barnes and Noble)

Summary:

With her boss preoccupied researching the Founder Houses in Morganville, student Claire Danvers is left to her own devices when she learns that three vampires have vanished without a trace. She soon discovers that the last person seen with one of the missing vampires is someone new to town-a mysterious individual named Magnus. After an uneasy encounter with Morganville's latest resident, Claire is certain Magnus isn't merely human. But is he a vampire-or something else entirely






Review: 

“Welcome to Morganville,” as they say in the beginning of every book.  Caine has done it yet again. I have been underneath her “spell” ever since I started this series and I love every minute I am. I dove into this book and it took me a little more than a couple of days because I couldn’t read some days, but when I finally did I finished it all. I had a thought in the back of my mind that somehow the books would start to get boring after a while, but not at all!

In this book it starts all over again. Well not quite all over again, but if you think that the mysteries ended in book 10 you have misjudged this book. At first there’s not as much action due to the fact it was all about Eve and Michael, but when Claire started seeing things that’s when things started happening, not very good things at that.  For some reason when Claire started seeing things I was reading her thoughts—the writing—and I felt like I was going insane. It was crazy.  

Speaking of dead, I really hated Michael’s great grandfather he was a mean and very stubborn pers ghost. I couldn’t stand reading him tell Claire all these things. He had no reason to really hold a grudge.
Also, I was took by surprise when Amelie had deiced she wasn’t going to run anymore. Poor Amelie, at least she finally stopped running.

 Which leads me to this-- I can’t wait to see how they are going to play everything out in Black Dawn, book 12.  It’s going to be interesting to see how Oliver handles situations differently than Amelie and how people and vampires are going to react to this change in positions.

Last Breath was amazingly written and was captivating as a reader to read. I can’t wait to see what happens next. I will always be under a “Spell,” for this series. It always has something new to offer and unexpected. Read this I promise you won’t be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS