June 24, 2012

Review: Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) Rachel Hawkins

Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
Series: Hex Hall 
Pages: 336
Publisher: Hyperion Book
Published Date:  March 13,2012
Summary:

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?





Review:


Spell Bound huh? Yep. I honestly really wanted this book to be ..EPIC! I, being a huge fan of the Hex Hall series decided to pre-order it around my birthday in February! That was a month before it came out. Before the book arrived I started reading some reviews here and there that popped up on good reads and after reading them I became a little un sure if I wanted to read it or not. I heard that it was disappointing because it wasn’t how most people expected it to be.
Well, when I finally read it last week I was expecting it to be.. Bad-ish, but not that much actually! I mean in the beginning and some times in the middle there were times where it was kinda boring with all the information that was being shed, but still fulfilled my interest for the time being. It actually starts to get good until you get to your falling action in the plot and that was the real disappointment. Hawkins some-what builds your expectations for the ending and it was nothing that left me too excited. Ok so, yay she conquers all, but wow. Then she makes the choice of who is Sophie going to pick—Archer or Cal, not a choice. I mean in the end she ends up with who I like best, but really?
Other than the ending I found it a good way to end a trilogy, but I find it wasn’t as action packed and exciting as her other two novels in the series. I wish it would have ended differently, but sadly it didn’t. Even though I was disappointed at the end I can’t say I didn’t like this book. I did, but I just expected a little more than what was written.
Ok moving on, shedding some light onto my disappointment  one of my favorite things about this book though was that the unexpected information was introduced and who would have ever thought Sophie’s Mother was not who she appeared to be. I just have to say that in the summary you think something totally different. Not this! Also, did anyone noticed that I have went this whole    almost whole review without talking about my favorite character, besides sophie, Jenna! How I have missed Jenna. When she got to see Jenna again it brought me back to the good old days when I was reading the first novel. I really like Jenna because she always is bubbly and funny sometimes when it is needed.
If you are looking for closer of what happens to Sophie Mercer’s life, family and love life, like I did I say go for it and read this! It was somewhat epic and even the end was good-ish too even if it wasn’t what I really expected, good or bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS