April 15, 2013

Arc Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass






The Elite
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection
Pages: 336
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: April 23rd,2013




Summary:


Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending







Going into this book, I had hardly any expectations. As, I did the worst thing a blogger can do, I looked at another review that said that while this one was good the first one was way better. With this being said I am so glad it wasn’t like that for me because I really enjoyed it!


In this book you start off just where you left off in the first part. America is in the palace still very much indecisive on whom she should chose or if she should even be there in the first place. America came off in this book as a very indecisive girl who just couldn’t make up her mind. One moment she wanted Maxon and before she wanted Aspen not even five pages ago.  This began to annoy me at some point because if you didn’t know I am totally team Maxon thus, this makes me totally angry when she gets mad at Maxon for something stupid. 

As the plot progressives, I have to say there was a lot and I mean a lot of curve balls! Girls began to go home and things just get downright crazy in this book!  Maxon loves America and everybody knows that from the first book, but this version of Maxon, is in a way, so much better! Maxon is loving, caring and gives America whatever she wants. Weither it’s time or his attention. This makes him so swoon worthy and I love him. There are some other parts in the book where he protects America and It just made my heart flutter.(TEAM MAXON FOR THE WIN!)


I have to say there where a lot of amazing things that happened in this book. Though, most of them I cannot talk about without spoiling it for those who have not read it yet. One thing though that I found in this story that was so amazing, was the friendship. These girls are all competing for Maxon’s heart; little do they know that there is no chance in hell they are going to win! Even though this is going on, they still have time to form amazing friendships while they are there. One friendship I was particularly fond of was Kriss and America. After a major even happened, Kriss and America started to suddenly get closer and just worked together because they knew that it would benefit them in all ways. Hey, I never said it wasn’t a tricky friendship. 

One Character in particular I still very much dislike. You’ve probably already guessed who I am talking about right? Well if you didn’t, I am talking about the Wicked witch of the west, Celeste. My goodness she irks my nerves so bad! Oh yeah, she doesn’t go away. In fact, she comes back stronger and might I add, bitchier than ever. She’s a total snob with only goal-- to get maxon. Who knows what her real intentions are because whatever they are, I’m pretty sure they’re not good ones.



The first book, The Selection, took my heart, crushed it and then, put it back into place. This one was no different except this one took my heart and twisted it and when there were sweet moments that put it back together and then broke it again and again. This went on until the shock of one moment made me have a heart attack. Then, my heart was fluttering and redeemed by the end!


Then Kierra Cass decided to make it loud in clear at the end, END OF BOOK TWO! Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me!?! I HAVE TO WAIT Again?!?!? Go read this book now while I go mark my calendar off of how many days I’m going to have to wait.


Don’t miss this heart- throbbing story of a girl that came from nothing, but now has everything she could imagine. Who will she choose her first love, Aspen or the wonderful prince, Maxon?








4 out of 5 Towers

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked this one :D. I nominated you for a blog award. See my post here: http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/two-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS