April 8, 2013

Review: If I Should Die by Amy Plum






If I Should Die
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Revenant #3
Pages:405
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: May 7th, 2013
Source: Ahh thanks so much Eileen!
 
Summary:

I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?






OMG It’s over?! Is my first reaction when I finally finished this book! I honestly can’t believe my favorite series is ending!! I love this series so much and the conclusion was nothing less than fantastic!!
Katie- Lou has grown up and done the impossible in this book. *Sigh! Kate is such a strong heroine and has always been even when she didn’t know it! Kate has become one of my favorite characters of all time because her personality is so amazing – she is kind, loving, funny and most of all BRAVE! Reading this book I got to see the amazing bravery she experiences and let me tell you, seeing this makes me want to go out and find some numma and beat them up! Well you know, if they were real lol.
Louis, Is just another example of why Kate is so nice and forgiving. She always sees the best in everybody. This is what makes her such an awesome heroine. Louis really touches my heart because his story was something that can happen and he really didn’t want to be the way he was. It was just beyond his control and he wanted to protect his mother from my understanding and that’s the best son ever! Ambrose and Jules are next and these guys honestly always bring the funny and loving big brother aspect to this story. Jules is always making me laugh and so is Ambrose. This story definitely has its ups and downs with these two, you will be shocked!
How can I go through this review without mentioning Vincent ;)  I don't want to talk to much on the subject because of the amount of spoilers they have in this topic is endless, but I love seeing this couple stick to each other when they were down. There was no hope and somehow they both found it within them and believed.! They never gave up on each other and that's such a strong thing! Kate and Vincent all the way ;)
Okay now back to the plot, which if I do say so myself, is pretty epic! This story was an absolute thriller and kept me on my toes every twist and turn. As soon as you began reading you are thrown into the action immediately. Right after some very interesting, intense things happen that you won’t want to miss. Which, omg I can’t believe that happened! Though, I honestly can’t say that some of the things were a little predictable.However, they were predictable in a good way and you'll see if you read the book ;)

 In this book Violette is back and stronger than ever, but for how long.?! How far will Kate go to save the one she loves? You won’t want to miss this heart pounding conclusion that will leave you reading until you finish! It is just that good you guys. So don’t miss out because I promise you, you will be filled with what if’s…The Conclusion is one word -- EPIC! You better leave your tissues else where because this is the most action in the book and I have to say it couldn't have ended more perfect than it did.
Amy Plum write more books! I honestly don’t know what I’ll do without my favorite revenants and what made this book so special was the uniqueness to the subject. Also, the French words mixed in. It’s been so fun figuring them out because I am currently taking French. I felt such a feeling of accomplishment when I knew what something meant in English :)  

DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS CONCLUSION BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET IT * POINTS AT YOU. YES YOU! READ THIS!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS