March 17, 2013

Review: Things I Can't forget ( Hundred Oaks #3)





Things I Can't Forget
Author:Miranda Kenneally
Series:Hundred Oaks
Pages:320
Publisher:Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date:March 1st,2013
Source: Review Copy received via Netgalley.
Thanks so much Sourcebooks! Merci beaucoup


Summary:

Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.

Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt--with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…






Ms.Kenneally has captured me in her web after reading the first book in this series. (Catching Jordan) Now, this is the third book and she has not failed to impress me.
This book brings a unique story line to this series. It does that by bringing in conflicts we’ve seen in her past books and ones we’ve yet to see in this series. Another, amazing aspect of this book is that she brings the characters we’ve grown to love back out in this book and their paths intertwine with the new, unique characters. I have to say watching the previous characters fall in love in past books and coming back in this story really shows how strong their relationships have proven to be. I myself know that this makes me so happy because as a reader I always wonder what happens to the characters in the future and seeing them come back just makes my heart pound faster.
As for the new characters, Ms. Kenneally has never failed to bring some amazing characters to the story. Kate, the main character, is a very strong believer in church and following the bible, but because of this she has grown to be very judgmental towards other people who don’t follow the bible and God like she does. Putting that aside for now, she decides to go to camp where a lot of things happen and more unique characters come into her life. Matt is the sweetest guy you will ever meet! Matt is just a very likeable, funny character.  Matt really brought out the best in Kate and seeing them flirt with each other and just have fun was so amazing and sometimes even funny to read about.
Throughout this story, the characters were just were so freaking funny. I’m telling you guys I was dying laughing sometimes. This book will not fail to make you laugh. Don’t even get me started on how hard I am fan girling over Kate and Matt!!!  Don’t get me wrong there is also moments when you want to go straight in that book and slap some of these characters as well. Don’t get me started on two characters, Emily and Andrea. Emily was a total..  let me put this in nice terms she was so mean to Kate. I mean Kate wasn’t the nicest either, but she was there for Emily. I think that Emily was really mean to her, but in the end all best friends have arguments and eventually get over it because you can’t stand to be apart from them. Now Andrea, ugh she was just mean to be mean because she was jealous of Kate!
The ending you guys will shock you to pieces and make your heart pound in awe! I’m not kidding I was like OMG! And I then started laughing. (You’ll see what I’m talking about!)
Let me tell you guys something, this book is amazing and so much more! I loved it times a million. (Not kidding!) I have loved this series since I read the first book and every time I’ve read the next one and I’ve loved it more than the one before because Miranda Kenneally never fails to impress me!

If you haven’t read any of the books in this series I cannot stress enough how much you SHOULD! Miranda Kenneally has done it again stealing my heart and catching the things I can't forget about these books.







2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this one! I kind of feel like this would be a really big "meh" book for me, but I've been seeing such positive reviews that maybe I'll hunt it down at my library :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Great Blog..!!

    I've clicked to follow you. Would really appreciate a follow back.

    http://supernova125.blogspot.co.uk/

    Many Thanks

    R

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS