December 8, 2012

Switched by Amanda Hockings


Switched
Author:Amanda Hockings
Series: Trylle Trilogy
Pages: 318
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Release Date: January 3rd,2012
Summary:

When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.

Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.

Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she’s meant to become…


My Review:
I have heard about Amanda Hocking for quite some time and this book looked really interesting. Unfortunately, it sat on my bookshelf for quite some time though now I feel so bad because I’ve missed out such an amazing series this long!First, Wow has anyone noticed how amazing the cover is. I really liked it, it was different, but yet amazing.
 This story really starts on a dark note with Wendy’s “mom,” who is really crazy in my opinion, but really not at the same time. I was so confused and like oh my gosh! What the heck is going on!?
Then appears Finn, *Sigh.  Yes we have another hot guy, I find in YA you never can get enough hot guys in stories and oh my gosh this story works perfect with Finn in it.
Wendy, is really clueless as to what is happening and so was I. Amanda Hocking let’s nothing slip out too early and I love that. Every time Wendy would ask certain question it would be ignored and peak your curiosity just enough to want to scream from anticipation of what is going on and why won’t they answer her. This book does not lack intensity and curiosity I give Ms. Hocking’s and A+ for that.
In this new world there are many things to be learned and like I said before this takes you to places where you don’t know what’s going to happen next. It was just that unpredictable.   Also, along Wendy’s journey in this new world she makes new bonds with new people and I love to see her opening up to these people little by little because she knows she can trust them.
I have never read a story quite like Switched. I found it interesting and touched on a subject that Ms. Hocking’s did an amazing job on. The ending was a killer and I absolutely cannot wait to get the second book because who knows what will happen. Hopefully in my case, there will be more Finn ;)
I know I say this a lot, but this time I am serious, READ THIS BOOK! The subject was amazing and the characters as well. Oh and girls if you are looking for another boy character to fan-girl over I promise Finn will melt your heart the second he enters the story.
 My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS