October 16, 2012

52 Reasons To Hate My Father by Jessica Brody

52 Reasons To Hate My Father
Author: Jessica Brody
Series: Stand alone
Pages:352
Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Release Date: July 3rd 2012
Summary:
Being America’s favorite heiress is a dirty job, but someone’s gotta do it.

Lexington Larrabee has never to work a day in her life. After all, she’s the heiress to the multi-billion-dollar Larrabee Media empire. And heiresses are not supposed to work. But then again, they’re not supposed to crash brand new Mercedes convertibles into convenience stores on Sunset Blvd either.

Which is why, on Lexi’s eighteen birthday, her ever-absent, tycoon father decides to take a more proactive approach to her wayward life. Every week for the next year, she will have to take on a different low-wage job if she ever wants to receive her beloved trust fund. But if there’s anything worse than working as a maid, a dishwasher, and a fast-food restaurant employee, it’s dealing with Luke, the arrogant, albeit moderately attractive, college intern her father has assigned to keep tabs on her.

In a hilarious “comedy of heiress” about family, forgiveness, good intentions, and best of all, second chances, Lexi learns that love can be unconditional, money can be immaterial, and, regardless of age, everyone needs a little saving. And although she might have 52 reasons to hate her father, she only needs one reason to love him.




Review:


Where do I start off with this book? This book definitely caught my attention. I actually won this one from a fellow book blogger. When I got it I was so excited because I think it’s safe to say once I started reading I just couldn’t stop and you will never read another book like this.
Lexington is let’s face it, she was a bit of a stuck up brat who just happens to have a trust fund and loves getting in trouble. Who knew that underneath that interior she had a heart? Once I started reading I was attached and routing for Lexington. I wanted her to succeeded and show everybody, you know hey I can do it look at me. Then she started slipping a little at the end, but in the end she did what was right and it warms my heart to see her as a character develop. She really learns what it means to be an actual person is.
 My second impression was I was laughing sometimes at Lexington in this book. She tried to outsmart her dad and Luke. When she went to the grocery store I laughed when he caught her. Oh, speaking of Luke. Sigh. Another hot guy to add to my favorite guy in Ya huh? Seriously Luke and her made me laugh they would argue and I found it so freaking adorable for some reason and when they kissed I was just like NO WAY!! Seriously!? Then he pretends nothing happens and I was so disappointed. That’s okay though because I waited it out and let’s just say that ended all very happily if I do say so myself because her old boyfriend was a jerk.
He doesn’t even get a name because when she was concerned about just taking off with no money and if they ever broke up what she would do he just shrugged it off like I don’t care that’s why you better stay with me. Seriously what kind of decent guy does that? Then again, I guess that means he wasn’t a decent guy. He cared nothing, but about his self not Lexi! Selfish much and concede much?
Lexis dad, Hmm.. He is portrayed as a really horrible person in Lexi’s point of view, but then she actually gets to know him and why he was always the way he was like and it was really cool. I love how in the end he gets rid of that stupid women he was fixing to get married to! She was a gold digger sorry to say.. actually I’m not sorry to say because she married someone else right after. She was what was standing in-between them well besides a couple of other things, but getting rid of her took a step towards the right thing. Lexi’s dad also progresses and opens up.
What I like the most about this story is that every single character has character development – Lexi, Lexi’s Dad, Luke and even the boy she worked with (I forgot his name XD I loved him so much) This was just awesome heartfelt story about a girl coming to the concept of life and what it actually means to be a part of the world. Seriously I think I am attached! As soon as I read this I immediately went to look up Jessica Broody’s other books because I want to read them to.  BE SURE TO READ THIS ONE! It has got to be one of the best to come out this year so far in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Found you on GoodReads group. Nice blog you have!
    I'm following you now. This is my link to follow me back http://onlectus.blogspot.com/

    Happy blogging!

    Lectus

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS