October 23, 2012

The Assassin's Curse by Casandra Rose Clarke



The Assassin's Curse
Author: Casandra Rose Clarke
Series: The Assassin's curse
Pages: 320
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Release Date:  October 2nd,2012
 

Summary:

Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to an allying pirate clan: she wants to captain her own boat, not serve as second-in-command to her handsome yet clueless fiance. But her escape has dire consequences when she learns the scorned clan has sent an assassin after her.

And when the assassin, Naji, finally catches up with her, things get even worse. Ananna inadvertently triggers a nasty curse — with a life-altering result. Now Ananna and Naji are forced to become uneasy allies as they work together to break the curse and return their lives back to normal. Or at least as normal as the lives of a pirate and an assassin can be.(



Review:


I went into this book with honestly little thoughts of how the situations in the book would play out, but kept an open mind for the most parts.
When I you first started, you find out Ananna is a pirate and runs away from her arrange marriage. With the people who were supposed to be her future mother\father – in law, send an assassin after her.  With this being said she goes on a journey and tries to avoid the assassin and stay hidden as much as possible. Unfortunately, he does find her which is kind of expected in this book, but what you don’t expect is when Ananna saves his life and since he saved her he must protect her from all harm’s way.
This is really funny because they hate each other and they don’t bother hiding it. I was laughing sometimes because I honestly wanted them together after a while. Now both of them are trying to stay under the radar. They go on an adventure to try to rid him of this curse because let’s face it who wants to be with someone you dislike for so long.
This book had its ups and downs for the most part I really enjoyed watching Ananna & Naji’s chemistry grow and blossom. I thought it was really cute to watch two people who dislike each other go to being friends and working on the same team to reach their common goal – to get rid of each other. The one thing I disliked about this book was most things were really predictable for me. Nothing really surprised me into shock like some books do to me. However, I did like this book and I think you should read this book if you want to read a short, fun-filled, and adventurous read.


2 comments:

  1. Hey There! Happy to have found your blog via Goodreads. I love your reviews - they are very concise and intelligent! Happily following now :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://thereaderscommute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a friend from Goodreads! :) And I love your blog! :) :Following you:

    My blog is KimberlysKozyKorner.blogspot.com (Maybe stop by and give me feedback (Maybe even follow?))

    From the Kozy Korner,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS