April 29, 2012

Review: Wolfsbane Andrea Cremer

         Wolfsbane 
Author: Andrea Cremer
Series: Nightshade
Pages:390
Published: July 26,2011
Publisher: Philomel

When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive


Review:
Wolfsbane was not what I expected it to be – a lot of people said that there was a lot of information being said and little to no action and I was actually scared to start this book. With that being said there was a lot of information being told and very few action, but the action they did have was decent enough to keep me in the book. For me I simply continued to read this book because of my curiosity and hoping it got better.


Did it? Well, at the end I was very satisfied with the last chapters, but as for the rest of the chapters, not so much. Calla becomes very dumbfounded in this book. Sometimes I wanted to throw the book on the floor and just stop reading, but I knew Ren would show up eventually in the book and I had to keep reading. I don’t know about you, but all the information was actually interesting for me unless Silas, was talking in the book. When he was talking I felt like he was talking about a hard math problem for a senior high school math class. It was like Huh, the whole time he talked.


Now for the characters, (again) Ansel I can’t say that it wasn’t a little predictable as to what happened. He showed up out of nowhere and why would they hand him over to her and why would it be her brother. I mean think about it he’s family and she would do anything to save her family. In any normal situation the “bad guys” would hold the family and threaten them. Calla, in this situation doesn’t really question anything in this book. Where there is some major clues she kind of just brushes them off and continues. Shay, ha-ha don’t even get me started I am 100 % team Ren ! Is it just me or did he become more of a jerk in this book then the last. In Nightshade he was ok in this book he is a complete Jerk. Every time, Calla said no to him and started thinking about Ren and how it was wrong he pushed her and always fought with her because she said no. What a jerk. Also, Shay really ticked me off at some points like when he knew something bad was going to happen, but he let her go through the portal and didn’t say anything! What type of person does that to a person they “Love.” To me that’s like saying I love you, but I am going to send you off to get killed now. Like seriously? Ok enough of my Shay babbling cuz I can go on forever I mean I am opposite sides remember.


Now as for Ren I was a little shocked at what he did to Calla, but I think he only did it because of his so called “father” Emile and because he was probably mad at her because she left him to run away with Shay, (spoiler Alert Coming up next) But it doesn’t appear that way because in the last chapter or so they get along just fine and talk and Kiss (Go ren!) So I am really curious to see what goes on in BloodRose. I hope she finds some direction again.

Overall, besides the minor character issues I had this book was great. I normally don’t do this, but I am going to rate it. I give this book 3 Pixies. Even though there was a lot of information I guess it depends on wither it’s interesting to you. Some of it was interesting to me, but not all of it. Well, If you haven’t read this book it’s some – what interesting if you really loved Nightshade. 


                                                                       

1 comment:

  1. I loved Nightshde but Wolfsbane also slipped a bit for me. I still have yet to read Bloodrose, even though I own a copy. I want to know how it ends, yet I am dreading it after all the not so positive comments it was receiving.

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS