April 9, 2012

Review: Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby


Shooting Stars

By: Allison Rushby
Series: Stand Alone
Pages:272
Publisher: Walkers Children
Published: February 28,2012

Summary:
Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.






                                                       Review: 

Let me start off by saying Shooting Stars have got to be one of the cutest contemp. I have ever read! There is really something unique about this book. Maybe, it’s the photography because I believe photography is really interesting or maybe it’s the fun, short, loveable main character Jo. 

I really related to Jo maybe being really short like her was the connection or maybe it was the fact that we have the same personality. I am not quite sure I can’t really put my finger on it. Jo was really unique to me. She was paparazzi and a young on at that, but unlike some of the paparazzi in this story she really took advantage of her height and her abilities to look like she was 12. She was really smart to think about how to get into these places others couldn’t to. Now, Jo doesn’t really have feelings for the stars she shoots until she is offered this job and she really finds herself in more while on the job and really sticks up for herself and the end and decides she knows what’s best and finally does what’s right. To me she sticks it to them hard, but she doesn’t hurt the people she cares about, if that makes any sense.

Now, It’s that time to talk about “Ned,” might I say that ned Is truly amazing. Now, when it comes to Ned I really can’t say to much about him without making this review quite a spoiler for the people who have yet to read this book and the things I do say about him will only make sense to the people who’ve read this book so I am just going to say Ned Is really nice and he is so funny I laughed and smiled at some of the jokes he made. 

Last, overall this book was very cute I really liked the short read and it kept me wanting more I read it in a couple of hours and actually got it yesterday—for Easter. This book is really what I needed to read I smiled and laughed a lot at this book and All I can really say overall it was a great book if you like contemp.  or even if you are looking for a really cute lovable readyou should really give this book a try. 




Shooting Stars book trailer




No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS