April 13, 2012

Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars

By:(The most freaking awesom-est person) John Green
Pages: 313
Series: Standalone
Publisher: Dutton Books
Published: January 10,2012

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now. 
Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault. 
Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.

                                                                                          Review:



Wow! I just finished this book, yes I know I am a little late, but I finally decided to read it and let me tell you… Wow! This book is still running through my head. AMAZING! 


              This book really makes me look at my life and think, wow, look at the little things I have to worry about compared to Hazel and Augustus and even Issac. Or any cancer patient for that matter. This book really was a real life changer for me, just like everyone said it was. Surprisingly I didn’t cry, but thinking about their struggles makes me want to now. This book really was amazing and I know I say that a lot but this was a different kind of amazing from all the others it’s indescribable. 


      As for the characters, Hazel was SUCH a fighter. Even though she had those times where she knew she was going to die eventually she actually found a way to live her life to the fullest and love. She always stood by Augustus, in his time of need; She had a lot of courage and sure she was scared, but she kept fighting. Augustus, He always wanted to be known and wanted to be remember by everyone which was so opposite of Hazel, but they were so compatible together despite their differences. Augustus grew and so did hazel as the plot progressed and Issac learned a little something from them to. To be honest I think everyone did. 


         This story had a real plot and really progressed throughout the story as did the characters. Unlike some books that are very bland and don’t help the character develop from their starting point. I also really like some of the settings—they were very vivid and colorful places. 


             This story is a very unforgettable one .As this being my first John Green novel and wow I really just want more. I am a complete Nerd Fighter now and please for love of books if you haven’t read this may I suggest you read it. It was hilarious at times, but scared you to pieces worrying about what was going to happen to these characters. I read it all in 1 day, and yes I do read books sometimes in 1 day, but this book I read in a few hours because I couldn’t go to bed tonight left wondering for another second what was going to happen. In the end I loved it and wouldn’t change it. John Green you are amazing! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS