August 17, 2012

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Tittle and Author 
Series: If I stay
Pages: 264
Publisher: Dutton
Published: April 5th, 2011
Summary:
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.



 Review: 


If I stay was a great book and really caught my attention. So I decided to try Where She Went and I am glad I did. I really did expect more from this book I had very high expectations and it just didn’t live up to my expectations. I really expected a lot more romance and fun flirty-ness of meeting the person you’ve longed to see again after 3 years of your life. A lot of things can change in that time. I really expected there to be sparks and all the stereo type things when he finally saw Mia. Unfortunately those dreams did not happen for me, but I did still like it. Even though I didn’t get the experience I really wanted I did like the book.
Now it was a bit different in Where She Went instead of being from Mia’s point of view it was from Adam. It was a bit shocking to see what Adam went through those past few years since him and Mia had gone their separate ways. He was very vulnerable, but in a sense out of control. He had problems with the band, problems with the tabloids and mental problems since Mia left him.  This book was a fun and might I say kinda depressing read for me and was interesting to see what happened in this story, but at times I felt as if I wanted to tell him to stop complaining and making your life worst then what it really is.
Well, I can’t say weither or not there was a happy ending however I can say that the ending was a bit shocking. Everything becomes resolved like it should be at the end of a book and it actually made me a bit proud of Adam and Mia. They did what they thought was best for each other and learned to live with it and in the end overcame everything. Especially Adam he was really a true genuine person. Once you get past the heartbreak and complaining he has at first you get to truly know him in this book and it’s amazing how in the first story we knew what Mia was like, what she was thinking, how she felt about everyone around her and got to be with her through the whole state of shock she was in finding out about her parents, but what makes this book special is because we know all of that about Mia in the first book, but never quite got the same on Adam. Whereas in this book you also find everything out about him and I think that makes this book special.
 This was a fun book and lets you get to know the other person in the first story.(Adam) If you liked “If I Stay,” at all you should definitely check this one out and see how it all ends.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS