November 16, 2011

Review: Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday




Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
Pages:  320
Series: Deadly Cool #1
Publisher: Harper Teen
Realse Date: October 11,2011


Summary:
Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. 
But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.

Review:


Phenomenal! Yes, I used the world phenomenal to describe this book because it really is.Deadly cool takes you on a thrilling mystery through out the pages. You are left guessing who did it and honestly I did NOT see the ending coming.It was the last person I would have expected to do that.Maybe it was just me who was thrown off,but I really didn't guess this person. Than again, you know what they say the one you least expect is the one who always does it.

Now on to Harley,first of all what a cool name. (Hartly Grace Featherstone)Now second,(After all that randomness)she was being exactly what she thought she was being a "Nancy Drew" but it's ok because I liked it;She was on a misson to solve this case and lettme tell you see cracked it wide open taking a lot of risk and going to extreme measures to see that her ex-boyfriend, Josh was innocent.There were moments when she was unsure of her feelings for Josh and I'm glad she stayed strong because Josh was a jerk. I mean he cheated on her and than she's trying to help him and he's being a jerk.She pushed through it though because she knew the real killer was still out there and if she didn't stop this person who will.Getting off of Josh,I really liked Chase.Chase is a mysterious,bad boy who is also a writer, who wouldn't like him.Oh, and did I forget to mention he's supposed to be hot.
There was some romance,but nothing serious the book stayed on the topic of finding the killer and I loved it.

It had that dash of romance and even some laughter to make it perfect.
Overall loved this book! Gemma did an amazing job on explaning characters,and the scene it had me wanting to read more and guessing until the last page.You can deffintley count me in for the next thrilling mystery of this series!Can't wait to see somemore Chase,Hartley, and we can't leave out sam.

1 comment:

  1. I may have to check out this book, not that I need another on the tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS