May 22, 2016

Review: You Know Me Well



You Know Me Well
AUTHOR:  Nina LaCour & David Levithan
SERIES:  Standalone
PAGES: 256 pgs.
PUBLISHER:  St.Martin's Griffin
RELEASE DATE: June 7th,2016
SOURCE: I received a copy of this book via netgalley.
Thank you so much for allowing me to review this book!
SUMMARY:

Who Knows you well? Your bestfriend? Your boyfriend or girlfriend? A stranger you meet on a crazy might? No one, really?

Mark and Kate have sat next to each other for an entire year, but have never spoken. For whatever reason, their paths outside of class have never crossed.

That is until Kate spots Mark miles away from home, out in the city for a wild, unexpected night. Kate is lost, having just run away from a chance to finally meet the girl she has been in love with from afar. Mark, meanwhile, is in love with his best friend Ryan who may or may not feel the same way.

When Kate and Mark meet up, little do they know how important they will become to each other-- and how, in a very short time, they will know each other better than any of the people who are supposed to know them more.




This book is a journey – you follow the characters through the ups and downs of life in this freaking amazing, gorgeous book!

Meet Mark and Kate, two teenagers in the same high school that have never met. They have sat next to each other practically the whole year in Geometry, but have never spoken two words to each other. Until one night, when everything changes and suddenly they are each other’s whole world, but not in the way you are thinking! Mark is in love with his best friend Ryan, who has no idea he feels this way and Kate has just run away from meeting the girl of her dreams.  When their worlds collide, they literally are each other’s support even though it has only been a day. They help each other navigate in this new, dangerous, territory with their hearts on the line. Will they make it out in love or devastated?

            AHH oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Literally that’s all I can say right now. After reading this book, I just don’t know. This book is amazing and just gorgeous. I have honestly never been one to adventure into this subgenre of YA and I have no idea why. It was so amazing. There was so much of this book that can be applied to everyone’s life who is going through the same things as our main characters. I will say that I defiantly related a lot more with Ryan throughout the book, but I did love Kate and getting to read what goes on and how she reacts to things. She wasn’t aggravating or whinny, I just found Mark a little more relatable because I have definitely been in that situation of liking a best friend when they have no idea and I’ve also been in Ryan’s shoes, which you will find more about when you read this ;)

Honestly, this book leaves you with such a strong perspective of the LGBT community and just really gives you an insight on some of their struggles and what they face. I have got to say, throughout this book you see some hateful people that try to crush their dreams and to see that just breaks my heart, honestly.  I cannot believe how people can be so mean and this book really highlights so many things that I love like art and music… I don’t even know where I am going with this review because there are just too many feels, you really connect with all the characters in this book and feel their pain as if it were your own. I just want to rant all day about this book and how everyone should read it!

The plot is fantastic, never slow! It keeps you right on your toes! Told in an alternate point of view you are intrigued every step of the way and won’t want to put this novel down! I read it in one sitting and I just wish that was not the ending! This book is probably one of my new favorites, I laughed so hard and also cried a little bit!

PLEASE GO READ THIS PERFECT, AMAZING, GORGEOUS BOOK! PLEASE! This is literally all I can put in this review besides, “oh my god,” “please read this!” Besides who doesn’t love a good story where the main character is secretly in love with their friend! Aren’t you curious to see how that ends?! Anyways to wrap things up!


 If you are looking for a fun, but serious read and love contemporary this is the perfect book for you. Even if you are not… well it’s still the perfect book for you so read it! lol



You Know Me Well takes you on a journey of heartbreak, acceptance, and courage, that you do not want to miss out on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS