November 19, 2012

Review: Venom by Fiona Paul

Venom
Author: Fiona Paul
Series: The Secret of The Eternal Rose
Pages: 432
Publisher: Philomel
Release Date: October 30th,2012
Summary:

Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancĂ©, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape.

When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancĂ©, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco?

Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself



Review:

Words guys cannot describe this book, but I will try. This is the awesomeness given to me to read by Fiona Paul. May I just say well done!
Cassandra is might I say a well written character, she is rich, beautiful, but there is still something missing in her life. I am totally jealous of her. Honestly, I wish I was living her life. One the scene is another gorgeous exotic scene and beautiful at that. Cassandra is a little mysterious thing and throughout this book I was routing for her and for one guy in particular.
Yes, it’s no surprise I was\am totally team Falco. I mean come on, Falco is well not exactly rich, but at least he puts heart into what he does. He doesn’t care what people think and I really like that about him, which gives him the courage to do whatever he wants.
When Cassandra and Falco start their sleuthing it was just so cute to watch them team up and laugh, have some jokes and then run when it was time to coward up. I am not going to lie this book had some twist in it. Seriously dead bodies, seriously? It was fun to watch them avoid all these things just too solve this mystery. This to me came off as a mix of Nancy Drew and Scooby-Doo. Yes, Scooby- Doo minus the dog and well, the gang, but besides that yes: D.
In the end this book was entertaining and satisfied the tension and suspense. In the end it ends like every series book does seriously? Why must you do this to me?! Yes I know I have said seriously 50 million times in this review. I can’t wait for the next book to come out and get my hands on it.
This was truly a masterpiece, and if you enjoy foreign scenes, definitely checks this one out because it is really something to look forward to. It keeps you in suspense and let me tell you, you never know what twist Ms. Paul is going to throw at you. So always look for clues and if you do you’ll be rewarded with a Scooby-snack – the answer. (Yes, that was my lame joke of this review :P)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS