February 28, 2014

Feature & Follow| Perfect Endings



Hi Guys! 

 This is my feature and Follow. This is Hosted By Alison Can Read and Parajunkee and by clicking on the link you can learn a little more about how this meme works and how to join :)

          






This weeks question is.....

Change the plot. If you could, what book would you change the ending or a plot thread?  





Answer| This question is so difficult for so many reasons -- when I finish reading a book and I don't particularly like the ending I end up coming to terms with it and figure that maybe that was the best ending because no one expected, or even liked, the ending.Which is kind of crazy now that I think about it, but I do. The only book that comes to mind when I think about changing an ending that I absolutely hate and this is kind of cliche, but it is Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.  I didn't like the ending of this book because I honestly think too many people died that really didn't need to die and I know that at the end they had to die, but I just didn't think that one in particular had to die -- Prim. I also didn't like the very ending when the novel flashed forward to their future lives. While I loved she ended up with Peta, team Peta all the way and everything, but Suzanne Collins could have done so much more with the ending. Honestly, I wanted to see them be in love not because they were the only ones that knew what each one was going through and couldn't be with anyone else because they wouldn't understand.   Am I the only one who feels this way?  Let me know in the comments below. Also let me know how you wanted Mockingjay to end. 

                        Gabby

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree. The ending was just... nothing like I expected it to be at all.

    New follower from the blog hop, btw. Hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never read the series but I do remember hearing a lot of...angst?...about the ending. Not too many were thrilled with it.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower via GFC.

    I agree too many people died in this book.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answer! I totally agree that Prim shouldn't die! (lol) there's just too much death. Happy FF!

    New follower via GFC and bloglovin! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to agree with you. The ending when unnecessary people had to die kind of reminds me of the last book in Harry Potter. I also would have liked to see what happened if Katniss and Peeta ended up with someone else. Also, it would have been interesting to see Haymitch and Effie end up together. haha

    New follower via GFC and Bloglovin'!

    Here is my first ever FF post: http://pottermorebook.blogspot.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-1.html

    Thanks in advanced for stopping by! :)

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I agree with you. Mockingjay was a little lacking but all in all, it was great!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. There was a general lack of development in that relationship. They're suddenly together but for most of the series I never got the impression that they were that close.

    New GFC follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. I didn't like the ending to this one at all.

    Jessi

    http://www.thebookcove.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-12-plot-change-up.html

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG STYLED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS